Monday, August 3, 2009

Backbone of a broken Family

This poem will do my crying
Sad confused and hurt when you were dying
A great woman you were
wish you still were here
family divided you kept us together like glue
Now we're apart and alone feeling so blue
I still hear you talking to me when I went into your house and didn't see you there
Now I miss you everyday man life isn't fair
You raised my mom brothers and sister like we were you own
Tell stories about me storing my food in my mouth even when I was grown
I never got to say goodbye
But I never let my memory of you die
You told the story of me getting the name chipmunk
I never forget it's always sunk
A woman that couldn't see
You always believed in my family and me
I remember always going to your house was the happiest times
When the family never cared about nickels and dimes
I never go to go to the funeral to say my goodbyes
I always remember you never us no lies
When we talk about you is always smiles on our face
Family was the shoes and you were the lace
I know you're watching us smiling down
Never once we'll frown
Your memory lives in us
Even if we're out of town on a bus
Your house was a welcoming door mat to all
Like students walking down a hall.
Things change when god come
no pain or hurt when you left and now you're home
I don't know what life have to offer or what it has in store
But when we hear your name we don't hurt no more
When I go to heaven I hope you open the door
So my heart will not be cracked like a broken floor
I woke up one day crying
Because I finally let go of you dying

No comments:

Post a Comment